Technologist, Educator, Creative, Hypewatcher,
& Internaut Extraodinaire from Belgium.
Hi I’m Olivier Parent and I’m currently a lecturer and research scientist at Artevelde University College Ghent.
I teach subjects related to the field of UX design, IA, IxD, usability engineering, accessibility, web design, software engineering, and computer science to undergraduates of the professional bachelor degree programme in graphic and digital media. More specifically to those students focussing on multimedia and specialising in software development for web and mobile.
I'm a University of Antwerp alumnus and I hold an M.Sc. of Product Development and my industry experience includes numerous web development projects in Brussels, Ghent, Stockholm, and London (Wimbledon and Westminster) for several high-end clients.
- Parent, O. (2016). Multimedia-applicaties [Online]
- Parent, O. (2016). New Media Design & Development II [Online]
- Parent, O. (2015). Crossmedia Publishing [Online]
- Parent, O. (2015). New Media Design & Development III [Online]
- De Maeyer, Ch., Bonne, K, Bouters, L. & Parent, O. (2015). StartMeUp! Stimulating Self-employment for Students in the Creative Industries. International Circular of Graphic Education and Research, No. 8 2015. 64—71, https://www.hdm-stuttgart.de/international_circle/circular/?c-lang=en
- Burny, E., Van Vooren, V., Parent, O., & Neuttiens, T. (2012, 14-17 November). Towards an evidence-based approach for teaching clock reading skills in primary education. Paper presented at 3rd World Conference on Information Technology. WICT-2012. University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain. Submitted for publication.
- Van Vooren, V., Burny, E., Parent, O., & Neuttiens, T. (2012, 14-17 November). The development of a web-based educational computer assistant software application for clock reading. Paper presented at 3rd World Conference on Information Technology. WICT-2012. University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain. Sumitted for publication.